Monday, April 28, 2014

Avia Joy has two unique birthmarks

     Before the birth of Avia Joy, while she was still being formed within the womb of my heart, and designed by the inspiration of God, I just has a sense that something was missing.

     She was lovely to behold - there was no denying that! Her soft shades of coral and blue - her beautiful name - her unique description - and of course, I can't forget the hummingbirds. It was all so very pretty, but not quite complete.

     "What else do you want, Papa?," I asked. I wasn't really sure. In my heart, I felt like I needed to add something that would draw attention to God and bring glory to Him.

     I pondered and prayed beseeching God to direct me. Maybe some icon would work, but which
 one? I began to think about Avia Joy . . .she was all about relationship . . .my relationship with my
 God. I've got it! Andrei Rublev's icon of the Holy Trinity. After all, the Trinity is all about relationship
 in the deepest sense of the word and this icon already held a special place in my heart.

     So the icon of the Trinity was added to Avia Joy and looked wonderful! It seemed to fit in perfectly - even the colors looked really good. So why did I still have the feeling that she wasn't quite complete? What else did she need?

     I was back to bugging Papa, and feeling somewhat frustrated. I didn't want to overdo it, but I was just not at peace. What is missing? What is missing?

     All of a sudden it hit me! Our Lady - not what, but who! Okay - I'll add Mary. But there are so many different titles, and I am fond of so many of them. Which one? Which was the right one for Avia Joy?  I didn't know, so I was back to prayer.

     While at a religious shop, the following day, I turned and noticed a rack of holy cards. They had titles above each card and one jumped out at me. The image was of Our Lady entitled, "Birthgiver of God." I knew, without any doubt, that this was the one. This was perfect! It fit in with her theme. Avia Joy was all about new birth and God, and so Our Lady of Vladimir, also know as Our Lady of Tenderness, was added.

     As I looked at Avia Joy, I knew she was now complete. A smile came over my face as I realized that she has two unique birthmarks - the Holy Trinity and Birthgiver of God. May our relationship with Avia Joy bring us into a deeper and richer relationship with God and Our Lady.

     May all that we do bring glory to God.

   

   

3 comments:

  1. I love Avia Joy's birthmarks! They are both so unique and beautiful! I look forward to future entries and wish this site would notify us when they are posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! You are off to a wonderful start! I love reading about its inception and your sharing of the many ways that God has been inspiring you in the process. I have added this to my list of blogs that I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Dennin- I loved of the name of Birthgiver of God. Our Blessed Mother, Mary is the most powerful link to our relationship for completed fulfillment.

    ReplyDelete