Friday, September 5, 2014

God Will Provide

     “We use the talents we possess to the best of our ability and leave the results to God. We are at peace in the knowledge that He is pleased with our effort and that His Providence will take care of the fruits of those efforts.                                                                      Mother Angelica



     It’s been well over four months since the birth of Avia Joy. Like any mother trying to adjust to her “new baby,” I too have had many challenges, as well as life lessons.

     I was way too ambitious, or naive, at first, believing that I could write three posts weekly. I didn't think it would be a problem since I had a “cushion” of nine posts written and would replace them as each one was published. I was shocked to see that life did not afford me that luxury and before I knew it, my cushion was gone!


     What’s going on Lord? What happened to my time? I thought that You’d provide both the time and the inspiration!

     I was feeling confused and stressed out. Why had I made this commitment? What difference does it make anyway? I’m just a little blip on the blog sphere and would not be missed if I never wrote again, so why did I feel so awful?

     Truth be told, I truly believed that this was something that God had asked me to do and I felt like I was letting Him down if I just quit. I decided to talk to my husband and close friends to get their input into my dilemma. They all said the same thing. Cut down to what works. God did not mean this to be a burden but a gift. Let your schedule dictate the number of times you post each week. Let go, and trust!

     Doing this initially was difficult, but life was less stressful when I gave myself permission. I was now trying to be more dependent on God and His timing, then manipulating my own. Some weeks He’d inspired the writings with lots of time to spare, while other times it was last minute.

     His topics are often a surprise and the way God tells a story, to touch the hearts of His people, never ceases to amaze me. I’m not the type of person that enjoys “flying by the seat of my pants,” so I can’t say I’m quite relaxed holding onto my “baby,” on this crazy ride!

     However, this ride is teaching me to trust God more, and know that He will provide. I am learning to try to wait with patient trust when I begin to feel anxious about the next post. I am less concerned about people’s reaction to Avia Joy then I was in the beginning. The numbers of viewers and comments don’t affect me like it did when I first began. God is helping me to be at peace with my efforts knowing He is pleased with them. I am writing for God and His glory and not for personal rewards.

     The lessons God has taught me are not just for writing a blog, but for all aspects of life. He accepts what we do and will provide the fruits.    

     Sure I want people to love my “baby.” I’d be lying if I said I didn't. But I know it’s not up to me. Besides, Avia Joy is not just my baby. She is Papa’s as well, so I’ll let Him show her off!
   

1 comment:

  1. Oh Avia Joy, I'm so pleased you didn't just quit. I would have missed your blog very much. I find it to be very inspirational and it's easy to apply to my daily life. I look forward to your blog twice a week. Thank you for listening to God and continuing. You are helping us all to grow in our faith, trust and love in God!

    ReplyDelete