Friday, August 15, 2014

The Assumption of Mary


Oh, my Dear Sweet Glorious Mother
You who were not God
Followed His will so completely and generously
As no human had done before and none since.
You who were so wrapped up in God
And not in self
Became eucharist and gave all
So that He who was All
Could become Eucharist for us.
You surrendered yourself to God
So He in turn
Could surrender Himself to us.
You gave us your Son and we killed Him….
And still you stood by us
Giving birth to us to new life.
Help me my Mother!
Help me to let go of self as you did.
Help me to surrender my will
So I may resemble you and your Son Jesus.
Help me not to fear the dying I must do
In order to live fully in Christ.
As you imitated Father, Son and Spirit in their self giving
Help me to do the same
In all the big and small ways that come into my daily life.
Help me to abandon myself
And become so wrapped up in God as you were
That I, like you, forget myself.
O Sweet Mother of Humility
God could not resist sweeping you up to heaven to Himself
To be the Bride
Pure and spotless and radiant in beauty
The perfect honor of our race.
Help me, your daughter,
To resemble, even slightly, the Mother,
So that God cannot resist me also.
Mary, Queen of Heaven,
Pray for me!





1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!!!! From your eloquent mouth to God's ear Avia Joy...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete