Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My relationship with my God

     I can't even remember a time in my life when I didn't know and love God. I was blessed to be baptized within two weeks of my birth. My parents then placed me on the altar of God to be offered to Him; they also dedicated me to Our Lady. In honor of Mary, I wore only blue and white until I was seven years old.  As I got old enough to notice pretty pink dresses or red and black velvet ones at Christmas time, I wished that I was not so restricted in my choices.  What a sacrifice and hardship that must have been for my mother, being limited to just two colors when buying clothes.

     It was not until I was a bit older that I realized just what a gift my mother had given to me in dedicating me to the Mother of God, and the impact that Mary would have in my life. Like a good mother, Mary has taken me by the hand to lead me into the very heart of God. There is no one who is more intimately connected to God than Our Lady: She is daughter to the Father, mother to the Son, and spouse to the Holy Spirit. She is the perfect adorer of the Blessed Trinity.

     My relationship with the Triune God has changed and grown over the years, as well as my relationship with each Person of the Trinity. The Glory Be is now one of my favorite prayers and I now pray it deliberately saying - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - with a pause between each name - to hold each in my heart and give Them the glory They deserve.

     God is not some abstract being to me but Someone who is very much part of my everyday living. He's the first One I greet in the morning and the last One I think of while falling asleep. I speak to Him throughout my day and I try to do all that I can to please Him and bring joy to His heart. I do my best to give Him glory and let Him know just how much I love Him.

     Avia Joy will be placed on the altar of God to be offered to Him and dedicated to Our Lady as I was. May she bring glory to God and lead us closer to Him and Mary our Mother.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute that your parents gave you dedicating your life to Our Blessed Mother, Mary. We our so very blessed to have you in our life time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! It's obvious by reading this that your faith is as natural and a part of you as breathing! I am glad you will dedicate Avia Joy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing Avia Joy with the world. It brings me comfort and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete