Friday, March 13, 2015

Soothe His Aching Heart

     “I desire that you know more profoundly the love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion. Call upon My mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation. When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give him the grace of conversion. This is the prayer; “O blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a font of Mercy for us, I trust in You.” Jesus to Saint Faustina


     Jesus loves us so very much and reveals the way we can begin to internalize His love for souls: Meditating on His Passion.

     While familiarizing ourselves and delving into the words and actions of Christ, His Passion will become more than just a story. It will penetrate and soak deeply within our hearts as the love story it is. Jesus’ tremendous love will pierce our hearts as we meditate on His Passion. We will clearly see the depths He was willing to submit Himself for the salvation of each soul.


     Here is just a taste of the treasures to behold:

     “I have eagerly desired to eat the Passover with you before I suffer (Lk. 22 vs. 15)  

      And while they were eating, He said, “Amen, I say to you, one of you will betray Me (Mt. 26 vs. 21).

      Then He said to them, “My soul is sorrowful even to death. Remain here and keep watch with Me.” He advanced a little and fell prostrate saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will” When He returned to His disciples He found them asleep. He said to Peter, “So you could not keep watch with Me for one hour?” (Mt. 26 vs.38-40).

     While He was still speaking, a crowd approached and in front was one of the Twelve, a man named Judas. He went up to Jesus to kiss Him. Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” (Lk. 22 vs. 47-48).

     “I do not know the man.” And immediately a cock crowed. Then Peter remembered the word that Jesus had spoken: “Before the cock crows you will deny Me three times.” He went out and began to weep bitterly (Mt. 26 vs. 74b-75).

     Pilate said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus called Messiah?” They all said, “Let Him be crucified!” (Mt. 27 vs. 22)

     “Father, forgive them, they know not what they do” (Lk. 23 vs. 34).

     Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” (Mt. 27 vs. 46).

     Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Father, into Your hands I commend My Spirit.” And when He had said this He breathed His last (Lk. 23 vs. 46).

*********************************************

     Do not limit yourself to these few verses of scripture. These are just a little “tease,” to entice you to “taste and see that the Lord is good” (Ps. 34 vs. 8). Read the Gospels. God knows which ones will speak to your heart.  

     Jesus invites us to call upon His mercy on behalf of sinners, while meditating on His Passion. We can begin with ourselves, asking and begging for His mercy. We can then beseech Him to have mercy upon those we love. Extend Christ’s mercy to those with whom we struggle, and to people who have hurt us slightly or deeply. We can then move to beseeching our good God to pour His mercy upon the whole world.

     Jesus gives us the perfect prayer to say to initiate this grace of conversion. Let us recite this prayer with faith and a contrite heart as we pray, “O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a font of Mercy for us, I trust in You.”  

     Our dear sweet Jesus longs for all to be one with Him in heaven. We can become “Apostles of Mercy” and soothe His aching Heart by meditating on His Passion and praying for the grace of conversion for all.  

   
     


     

No comments:

Post a Comment