Friday, April 21, 2017

My Blog and I

     “There is much emphasis on notoriety and fame in our society. Our newspapers and television keep giving us the message: What counts is to be known, praised, and admired, whether you are a writer, an actor, a musician, or a politician.    
     “Still, real greatness if often hidden, humble, simple, and unobtrusive. It is not easy to trust ourselves and our actions without public affirmation. We must have strong self-confidence combined with deep humility. Some of the greatest works of art and the most important works of peace were created by people who had no need for the limelight. They knew that what they were doing was their call, and they did it with great patience, perseverance and love.”  
                                                                                                        Henri Nouwen


     Today, April 21, 2017, Avia Joy is three years old! But before a word was written, or a story told, she was in the mind of God. She was His gift to me!

    Months prior to her arrival, God had planted her in my heart. Although I felt a stirring, like a babe in the womb, I did not recognize who or what she would be. I often would share with friends that I felt like God had placed a song in my heart, but I didn’t know the words or where they were supposed to be sung.

     She was unknown and hidden from me. Little by little, through prayer and conversation with God and others, she began to make herself known. I remember thinking, “A blog! You’ve got to be kidding Papa. I don’t know the first thing about blogging and my computer skills are wanting, at best!”

     That did not matter to Him. Avia Joy was not only my baby, but His. He would lead me and guide me. God would send people into my life to help me to bring her to life. I knew Avia Joy was God’s doing, because He choose people to guide me, whom I would have never chosen myself. But since I had no idea of what I was doing, I took it one step at a time, and walked through each door as He opened then for me.

     Because I believed Avia Joy to be God’s creation, I thought that she would be quite the HIT! I imagined that she would be an overnight success and go viral, in no time at all. That was my plan, not God’s.

     God would use Avia Joy to teach me humility, when now, three years later, she is still a miniscule blip on the blopsphere.  She has remained hidden to most. Nevertheless, she is still the song that God has placed in my heart. I cannot hold back from pouring out the words, that make her known to the few that God has intended.

     I have also grown in humility and trust, when I want to write and nothing comes. God has taught me to wait for Him and His timing, which has been an invaluable life lesson. He has also used Avia Joy to teach me obedience, by setting out like Abraham, into an unknown territory – depending completely upon Him and His resources.


     I have also grown in perseverance. God has taught me not to give up writing, even though things have not turned out the way I envisioned them – another great lesson in life.

      I am amazed and quite flabbergasted that Avia Joy has survived three years! I had no idea what her life span would be, but I vowed to be faithful to God for as long as He saw fit to breathe life into her through me. 

     While journeying with Avia Joy, there have been many struggles, as well as many rewards. Both have been gifts from God.

     While I can’t foretell the future, it is my hope that Avia Joy and I will continue to journey together. I will place my trust in God, and in His desire and His will. I will pray for the grace to continue to answer His call as I hear it.

     Happy Birthday Avia Joy – the Song of my Heart!
     
    

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful blog, Avia Joy! We thank and praise God for "the Song in your Heart" and your faithfulness to Papa (God the Father). We also thank you for listening to the promptings of Sasha (the Holy Spirit)! You and Avia Joy continue to bless and enrich our lives. God bless you and...🎂Happy🎁Birthday🎉Avia Joy!🎈

    ReplyDelete