Friday, April 25, 2014

Avia Joy - How do I describe you?

     How does one describe part of one's heart?. . . One's deeply held beliefs?. . . The core of one's being? How do I describe this new creation, that will invite you to want to journey with me?

     I really didn't know, but it was Sunday, and Tuesday was right around the corner. I wanted to get my homework assignment at least started. I needed to come up with a description that would explain Avia Joy. I desperately wanted to have something to show my daughter- in- law, so we could move along with our new creation.

     I went upstairs to a quiet part of our house, so I could concentrate and not be disturbed. I thought and I thought and I thought - and nothing came. Well, something did, but I knew it wasn't it. It didn't "catch" me, but felt forced. I was starting to feel frustrated because it was getting near the time I had to begin making dinner.

     Oh well, I tried and came up lacking. I knew from the past that I can not force writing. With me it is something that God inspires, and if it isn't time, it's just not going to happen. I left my laptop and proceeded down to my duties.

     Well, as God would have it, I was in the middle of making our dinner when a mega inspiration came into my head. I had to stop what I was doing and ran over to write down the thoughts that were pouring into my mind.

     After our dinner clean up, I proceeded upstairs to type my inspiration on the blog, and see what I thought. I read it and felt excited. I called my sister and shared it with her, and she liked it a lot. We have shared deeply spiritually, so it wasn't "over the top" for her. She was very familiar with my relationship with God, and with the names that I called them - Papa, my dear sweet Jesus, and Sasha.

     The next day I shared it with my daughter. Her response was a bit different than my sister's had been. I think she felt protective of me and worried that someone might thing I was a nut case.

     Was I being too open in my description? Would I turn people away before they even got a chance to see what I wrote? I felt torn because from my past experiences, I knew this had come from God. I had asked for His guidance and help, and the words came pouring out. What was I to do? Was I to trust, or hold back and play it safe instead?

     When I went to my daughter- in- law's, I shared with her my daughter's thoughts and she laughed because she somewhat agreed. Bringing humor into the situation, gave me the freedom to speak honestly about just what I really hoped to achieve with this new creation. She encouraged me to do what I believed true, and not to worry about what people would think.

     After I thought and prayed about it more, shared it with a few more friends, I felt convinced that this was what God had inspired me to write, and was exactly what He wanted. And so it shall remain.

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out Avia Joy, a true reflection of the love your Papa, dear sweet Jesus and Sasha. Thank you for trusting in God!

    ReplyDelete