Thursday, September 10, 2015

Be Active ~ Embrace Him

     “Oh, how painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me in Holy Communion. I wait for souls, and they are indifferent toward Me. I love them tenderly and sincerely, and they distrust Me. I want to lavish My graces on them, and they do not want to accept them. They treat Me as a dead object, whereas My Heart is full of love and mercy. In order that you may know at least some of My pain, imagine the most tender of mothers who has great love for her children, while those children spurn her. Consider her pain. No one is in a position to console her. This is a pale image and likeness of My love.”                                                       Jesus to St. Faustina


     On the night before He died, Jesus, in His great love for us instituted the sacraments of Eucharist and Holy Orders. He loved us so very much, that He could not bear to leave us alone. He wanted to be with us until the end of time in this great Sacrament of Love. He wanted to nurture us with His very life and be one with us in Holy Communion. Jesus has poured Himself out to us completely – holding nothing back. Actions speak louder than words and Christ’s actions speak love. Let us examine ourselves and see what we are telling our Lord.


     How do I respond to Christ’s invitation to unite myself to Him? Am I truly aware of the One I am receiving when I receive the Eucharist? Do I prepare my heart and soul to welcome so great a Guest? Have I received the Sacrament of Reconciliation recently to cleanse my soul of sin? Am I distracted or in “automatic pilot” as I proceed up the aisle, mindless of the Living God whom I’m about to receive?

    When I return to my pew, do I lower my head in prayer and speak to Jesus, or am I too busy thinking about my day and all I have to do? Am I busy looking around the church, forgetting that Jesus is truly present in my body? Do I ignore Jesus like He is a dead object?

     Christ’s love for us is beyond our comprehension! No one on earth loves us in the way that Jesus does. Even with our unrequited love, He continues to give Himself to us, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, in the Blessed Sacrament, day after day. He continues to come down upon the altar when the words of consecration are prayed by the priest. Jesus is faithful and will not forget us, even though we can be indifferent to Him.

     Many were indifferent to Christ when He walked this earth. Our sweet Jesus came for love and was pushed aside or rejected. “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how many times I yearned to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were unwilling”( Lk 13 vs34)!

     We must not be among the indifferent – among the unwilling. Our good God is begging and pleading for us to unite ourselves with Him and accept His graces. He longs to be one with us as He offers His Heart full of love and mercy. He is inconsolable; His Heart reels in pain at the rejection of His love. He feels like the tenderest of mothers, forgotten by her children. What are we doing? What are we thinking? We must strive to become aware of the awesome Gift that Jesus is, in the Sacrament of the Eucharist!

     Begin by making a thorough examination of conscience; go to Confession. Humble yourself by realizing you need the grace of God to give Him the love and trust He so deserves. Prepare your heart to welcome Jesus before receiving Him, by inviting His Mother to come into your heart to make it a worthy place for Him to rest. Ask St. Joseph, to come and clean your heart as he did the stable at Bethlehem long ago.

     After receiving Jesus, be present to Him. Tell Him you how much you love Him. Thank Him for all that He has given to you. Tell Jesus how sorry you are for all the times you have forgotten to acknowledge Him. Whisper words of comfort for all those who ignore Him. Share with Jesus all the joys in your life. Speak to Him of all the cares and concerns in your heart. Bring sweet consolation to His heart!

     Allow Jesus to gather you under His wings by loving Him while you unite yourself to Him in Holy Communion.  He is silently waiting for you; embrace Him!
   
   

   
   
   


1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear sweet adorable Jesus, please forgive me for all the times I've been indifferent to You when You have come so lovingly to my heart! Help me to have a greater love and appreciation for You on the Most Blessed Sacrament. Thank you Via Joy for sharing this beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete